SWLAHEC Hiring Assistant Bookkeeper
Southwest Louisiana Area Health Education Center is hiring a part-time assistant bookkeeper.
Specifics: 15-20 hours/week; salary range $9-10/hour. Technical/business school training in bookkeeping or two years’ experience with bookkeeping software required.
Send resumes with cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, August 28.
Assists the Finance Director with everyday bookkeeping activities such as budgeting, accounts payable and accounts receivable. 15-20 hours/week.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares budget spreadsheets for each program according to the SWLAHEC chart of accounts.
2. Enters budget information into the bookkeeping software system.
3. Prepares invoices using Excel or word processing software.
4. Maintains grant files by making copies of supporting documents, attaching documents to invoices, securing proper signatures, making copies for bookkeeping files, mailing the originals by printing labels and applying postage and filing copies in bookkeeping files.
5. Responsible for posting Accounts Payable, printing and mailing out checks and filing supporting documents.
6. Prepares cash and checks for bank deposit and also posts these deposits into Great Plains software.
The above statements include, but are not limited to, the general duties that are necessary to perform the primary functions of the job. These statements are not to be considered as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be included in the position. In the interest of efficient organization operations, job descriptions may have to be amended from time to time.
1. EDUCATION - TRAINING - EXPERIENCE
A. H. S. Diploma or equivalent
B. Technical/business school training or two years’ experience working with bookkeeping software
C. Proficient in Excel and word processing
D. Excellent written (including spelling) and verbal communication and mathematical skills
E. Must possess a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and a reliable vehicle.
2. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Sits and walks throughout the day.
B. Handles light weight office supplies and equipment.
C. Visual acuity to prepare and read data.
D. Extensive exposure to computer monitor is required.
E. Works inside in a climate controlled environment.