New Sports Bar Inside Cajun Field Will Enhance Gameday Experience For Students, Fans
The Ragin' Cajuns Athletics department is kicking off a new tradition for students and fans at Cajun Field!
In addition to tailgating, music, food, and fun Ragin' Cajuns fans can now enjoy "THE GRADUATE SPORTS BAR"—located at the Southeast corner of Cajun Field with access from inside the stadium.
"The Graduate" will be open when gates open to students and the General Public and will feature two draft beer trailers—each featuring 4 wide-screen televisions that will broadcast all the Ragin' Cajuns action happening on the field, as well as other games happening statewide and nationwide.
Discounted beer, beverages, and food for UL students and their guests will be offered in a social atmosphere under a tented area with Cool Zone fans. WEAR RED t-shirts will also be given to patrons of "The Graduate" with a purchase and a valid coupon compliments of UPC.
In addition, "The Graduate" will have a DJ booth featuring local and national talent every week. National and touring DJs including:
- DJ Bam Bam, who has been a featured DJ at the NBA All-Star Jam Session, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Official City of New Orleans Mardi Gras and Essence Fest.
- DJ Sed "The Saint" from Atlanta whose notable clients include Ford, Emory University, Westin Hotels and Resorts.
- DJ Digital, a Lafayette native who is heard locally on HOT 107.9, but has taken his open-format DJ talents from coast to coast over the last 20 years for major brands and companies like Nike, Ford, Adidas, Jordan Brand, Heineken, Victoria's Secret, Ford, and JOVANI Fashions as well as major music festivals, concert venues, clubs and events including BUKU, Ultra Fest, Miss USA, Hard Rock, Harrah's, Golden Nugget, NBA All-Star Weekend and the Super Bowl.
- DJ Kemistry, a New Orleans resident with a versatile style that has made him a staple at all the hottest venues in the Big Easy and landed him on some of the biggest club and festival stages in the country.
- DJ G-Cue, a rising DJ star from the Crescent City.
"The Graduate" will also feature more DJs from UL Flagship radio station HOT 107.9 FM and Townsquare Media giving out a limited run of free RED HOT Ragin' Cajuns t-shirts to the first 100 students to enter each home game! In addition, "The Graduate" will also feature a gaming trailer located near the sports bar area with college age-appropriate gaming.
SCHEDULE OF DJs @ THE GRADUATE SPORTS BAR AND GRILL
UL vs Grambling – Sep 1 DJ Bam Bam from New Orleans
UL vs Coastal Carolina – Sep 22 DJ Digital + Chris Reed from HOT 107.9
UL vs NM State – Oct 13 DJ G-Cue from New Orleans
UL vs Arkansas State - Oct 27 DJ Sed “The Saint” from Atlanta
UL vs Georgia State - Nov 11 DJ Kemistry & Special Guest DJs from NOLA
UL vs South Alabama - Nov 17 DJ Digital from HOT 107.9
So grab a beer at "The Graduate" and cheer on the Ragin' Cajuns all season long!