Lafayette firefighters were called out to investigate a fire in the 300 block of Louisiana Avenue just before 7 o'clock Tuesday night.

Quinton Williams and his two relatives who live at the home were able to get out of the house when the fire started.

Fire investigators say one of the people who lives in the home left a pot of grease on the stove unattended for a few minutes, and when he walked back into the room, the kitchen was on fire.

It took firefighters about 15 minutes to get the fire under control.

The kitchen sustained heavy fire damage, and the remaing rooms in the house sustained heave smoke damge.

The three are now displaced from their home, and fire investigators have ruled the fire an accident.