Top Louisiana Products To Prepare Holiday Meals
I love the holidays in Louisiana.Go to any grocery store and you will smell the aroma of boudin and cracklins cooking, specialty meats being prepared, and delicious foods getting ready for holiday tables. It's one of the best parts of being in south Louisiana during Christmas season!
But what are the top ingredients Louisiana chefs use to prepare their holiday fare? And more importantly, the Louisiana products that you wouldn't dream of leaving out of your treasured family recipes?
Off the top of my head, I would have to say anything by Tony Chachere's, Bruce Foods, or Cajun Chef. That would be my favorites, but what are the folks at Louisiana Travel saying? Check out their list below, and let the cooking begin!
- Steen's Cane Syrup - Abbeville
- Blanca Isabel's Purple Rice - Rayne
- Bruce's Yam's - New Iberia
- Slap Ya Mama's Cajun Pepper Sauce - Ville Platte
- Jack Miller's BBQ Sauce - Ville Platte
- Konriko Pecan Rice - New Iberia
- Tony Chachere Cajun Seasoning - Opelousas
- Tabasco Sauce - Avery Island
- Vermilion Sweet Bay Shrimp - Delcambre
- Savoie's Sausage - Opelousas
- Cajun Chef Tabasco Peppers - St. Martinville