Town Hall Meeting In Youngsville On FEMA Individual Assistance
If you are a resident of Youngsville and suffered flood damage, then this town hall meeting is for you.
Wednesday, FEMA Disaster Survivor Assistance and FEMA Mitigation representatives will be joined by representatives from the National Flood Insurance Program, Small Business Administration and the Governor's Office of Homeland Security Office to provide information to those affected by the historic floods on August 12.
At the event, residents will be able to get help with the following:
- Sign up for FEMA assistance
- Check on your FEMA claim
- If denied, get assistance to find out why
- Meet with the National Flood Insurance Program
- Meet with the Small Business Administration and fill out application
- Get information on how to mitigate future damage
The meeting will begin at 6 PM at the Ernest Gallet Elementary School cafeteria on E. Milton Avenue.
Youngsville Mayor Ken Ritter dissusses the event, as well as the final flood-related debris pick-up happening Thursday, in the interview below with KPEL's Rob Kirkpatrick and Bernadette Lee.