Two Local Fires: Dogs Save Man’s Life In One; Man Loses Dogs In Another
There were two local fires earlier today. First, Larry Green, a local Vietman War veteran, was awakened by his dogs early this morning, finding heavy smoke coming from his attic at his home in Carencro. Green was able to get to his neighbor's house to call 9-1-1. This comes a day after Green put out a fire in his kitchen. Fire officials believe that fire was not extinguished completely and that it re-ignited flammables in the attic.
Second, a man loses his two dogs in a house fire on University Avenue this morning. Alton Trahan with the Lafayette Fire Department says John Lawyers was sleeping on his sofa when he woke up to see his coffee table on fire. He tried to put it out, but it was too late. He says a candle he left burning on the table caused the fire.