Veteran’s Day A Positive One On Wall Street: Acadiana Business Index
- Today markets rallied after Italy's senate approved a 2012 budget bill. The move helps pave the way for Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to resign
- The bond market was closed in observance of Veterans Day.
In corporate news,
- Walt Disney led the blue chips higher, gaining 6%, to 36.70. The company said profits were boosted by strength in its theme-parks and television business segments.
- E*Trade Financial fell 4.1% to 9.09, after the online broker said it would not put itself up for sale.
- And home builder D.R. Horton swung to a profit on fewer write downs. Shares dropped 1.7% to 11.46.
- Crude oil continues to march higher, closing at $98.99 a barrel.
- And Gold settled at $1,788 an ounce.