Wall Street Finishes Off The Week On A High Note: Acadiana Business Index
- General Electric fell 1.9% to $16.31 after earnings just matched estimates. Chief Executive Jeff Immelt called GE's third-quarter industrial-profit margin "a low for the year".
- Microsoft reported third-quarter earnings were in-line with expectations, although profits in the Windows and Windows Live division declined. MSFT up .4% to $ 27.16
- Verizon reported quarterly profit more than doubled on of an uptick in wireless subscribers and improved profit margins. VZ up .8% to $37.42
- And, Schlumberger earnings fell from a year-earlier, though North America revenue more than doubled from a year earlier due in part to strong growth in shale basins. SLB .9% to $67.38
- Crude oil ended at $88.05 a barrel.
- And Gold closed at $1,636 an ounce.