Wall Street Rises After European Leaders Near Agreement On Bailout – Acadiana Business Index
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 45 points 12,949.
- European finance officials said they are near agreement on a roughly $170 billion bailout for Greece.
In corporate news,
- H.J. Heinz tacked on 4.5% after the food company reported better-than-expected quarterly earnings and revenue, and provided an upbeat full-year earnings outlook.
- General Mills fell 3.6% after it indicating earnings would be below estimates and lowered its full-year outlook, citing weak volumes across the U.S.
- Crude-oil closed at a nine month high at $103.24 a barrel.
- Gold closed at $1,728 an ounce.
- Markets will be closed on Monday for President’s Day.