9 Ridiculous White House Petitions
Allow citizens to create and sign petitions online. Petitions that receive over 25,000 online "signatures" will receive a response directly from the White House. It seemed like a good idea at the time...
Since the petition requesting for Louisiana to peacefully succeed from the Union began to amass headlines and national media attention, the popularity and all around abuse of the White House's online petition system has absolutely exploded.
A few of the more notable petitions currently asking for signatures on the White House's website include:
- Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016
- Allow United States military service members to place their hands in their pockets
- Deport everyone that signed a petition to withdraw their state from the USA
- Nationalize the Twinkie industry
- Establish new legal system of motorcycle riding "judges" who serve as police, judge, jury, and executioner all in one
- Give us back our incandescent light bulbs!
- Have the President attend a Fark.com party. If scheduling does not permit, at least have a beer with Drew Curtis.
- Transfer funds from the drug war to fund the research and development of the genetic engineering of domestic cat girls
- Shut down White House petitions, since they never get a sincere response, few read them & they are ultimately worthless
Our question to you is, what petition would you start?