You Can Eat These Foods as Much as You Want
If you are like me, then you are very careful about what you eat. And yes that is extremely hard to do here in south Louisiana! I'm always looking for something that is satisfying, but low in calories and fat, and the folks at Travel+Leisure have found some foods that you can virtually eat as much as you want. The reason why? They are mostly made up of water, they are low in calories, and they have lots of fiber, which makes you feel full. I don't know about you, but I'm heading to the grocery store right now to get some of these tasty items!
- Blueberries - more anti oxidants than any other fruit
- Celery - your daily requirement of Vitamin K
- Kale - contains omega-three fatty acid,and lots of protein and fiber
- Cucumbers - a serving is only 16 calories, and it also contains beta-carotene, which is good for your eyes
- Tomatoes - only 25 calories for a whole tomato!
- Grapefruit - high in fiber, and lots of Vitamin C
- Broccoli - high in fiber, with sulforaphane, which is an anticarcinogen
- Cantaloupe - has beta carotene, which is good for your eyes. Very low in calories, since it is 90% water
- Cauliflower - lots of folates, fiber, and vitamins C and K. Nutritious and tasty!
- Blackberries - aids in digestion, and rich in Vitamin C
- Lettuce - plenty of vitamins and nutrients
- Oranges - high in Vitamin C, and the white part, the pith, contains a lot of fiber
- Strawberries - more Vitamin C than oranges
- Honey Dew Melon - natural sugar, and copper keep you healthy when munching on this delectable fruit