Administrative Changes Being Made At Lafayette General Health
Lafayette General Health has made one new appointment to their management team, and they have promoted two other people already on staff.
Court LeMaistre has been named as Chief Operating Officer of Lafayette General Medical Center.
Al Patin has been named Senior Vice President of Lafayette General Health along with his other job of Chief Administrative Officer of Lafayette General Medical Doctors.
Carolyn McBride, who has been with Lafayette General for 44 years, will now be promoted to Assistant Vice President overseeing Patient Financial Services for Lafayette General Health.
LeMaistre took over the post of COO at the first of this month bringing with him years of experience in the field. He took this job after mostly recently being the Chief Operating Officer of HCA Plaza Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas. His wife is a native of Acadiana.
LeMaistre was able to accomplish much during his tenure at the COO of the HCA facility including the following:
- He led the newly formed Fort Worth Transplant Institute, achieving accreditation from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and a milestone of 40 kidney transplants in 2014, with further growth in 2015.
- He helped grow several surgical specialties, including General Surgery, Neurosurgery, ENT and Urology.
- He achieved a 5% increase in employee engagement and led an organization-wide profitability index project in 2014, generating over 200 ideas and a savings of $6 million.
Al Patin's new job will help LGH to consolidate all of the physician's center under his oversight. The following groups will report to him:
- Cancer Center of Acadiana
- Neuroscience Center of Acadiana
- Acadiana Orthopedic Center
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of Acadiana
- Heart & Vascular Center of Acadiana
- Lafayette General Urgent Care Centers
Patin held a previous post in Metairie, and spent eight years at LGMC serving in a variety of areas.
His qualification include the following:
- He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southwestern Louisiana.
- He earned his Master of Business Administration from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- He completed the Wharton School of Business Anesthesia Leadership Program in 2010.
- He is also a recent graduate of Leadership Lafayette and serves on the board of the Leadership Institute of Acadiana.
Carolyn McBride has held numerous position at Lafayette General over her 44 years of service including:
- Director of Financial Services for Lafayette General Medical Center.
- Director of Patient Financial Services and was instrumental in the development of the Centralized Business Office (CBO) during the last years of transition with Lafayette General Health.
McBride will be charged with the following duties:
Developing and improving the functionality of the CBO. The CBO is in the process of reorganization in an effort to better serve patients and to help the system’s health care entities better care for patients. The first step in this process is to develop a centralized scheduling function.