Cigarette Causes Fire at Lafayette Garden Apartments in Scott
A cigarette improperly discarded on the porch brought Scott firefighters to Lafayette Garden Apartments on Provost Street late Wednesday night, causing damage to two apartments.
Fortunately, firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly after they saw it blazing on an exterior wall near the entry door. In a press release, Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier says his crew was able to isolate the fire to that wall and an adjoining interior bedroom wall.
The fire, which began on the second floor doorway, is considered an accident. The second story apartment suffered moderate fire damage while the downstairs apartment sustained moderate water damage.
The people living in both apartments were relocated until repairs and cleanup are completed.
Acadiana Snow Day; A Review In Pictures