Lafayette Fire Blamed On Faulty Extension Cord
LAFAYETTE, La. (KPEL) -- Investigators are blaming a short in an extension cord for a fire that caused heavy damage to a Patterson Street home.
Investigator Alton Trahan with the Lafayette Fire Department says crews were dispatched to the home just after 7 a.m. Sunday.
When crews arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the inside. Trahan says firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze within ten minutes.
The homeowner says he was asleep when he heard a loud noise. When he checked to see what it was, he noticed heavy smoke coming from his living room.
No one was injured, and the fire has been deemed an accident.