Louisiana Superstitions – Are You a Believer?
We are a state that is known for being a little creepy and bizarre, and frankly, we kind of like it that way!
Only in Louisiana is reminding me of some strange superstitions that might only be known around Louisiana,and I have to ask - do you believe them?
- If a snake bites you, chase it to water, and then put your wound into the water
- Don't eat both ends of a loaf of bread, otherwise, money will never come your way
- If your left hand itches, you'll get some money. If your right hand itches a friend is coming to see you
- Read the bible backwards to keep the bad spirits away
- A hen crowing means a death in the family
- If you let someone pass a mop over your foot, you'll never get married
- A dish towel dropped on the floor could signal that you're about to get visitors
- Cut your fingernails on Monday so you can get a present sometime during the week
- White butterflies mean good luck is heading your way
- If an alligator crawls under your house, a death could occur
- For protection against evil, drill a hole in a dime, and wear it around your neck. You can also spit three times for extra protection
- If you need another way to protect yourself from the devil, hang a mirror outside your door. Hopefully, the devil will be so enamored of his own reflection that he leaves you alone