Church Point Man Busted With $100K in Drugs, Cash
A loot including narcotics, stolen firearms, and nearly $50,000 of cash have landed a Church Point man in the Acadia Parish Jail.
Acadia Parish Sheriff K.P. Gibson said just after midnight Thursday, 27-year-old Allen Savoy was arrested after he tried fleeing from officers and wrecked his vehicle.
During the investigation, deputies recovered a large amount of currency, narcotics and multiple weapons. Recovered from Savoy's possession was:
Savoy sustained minor injuries and no other person was injured. After receiving medical attention, Savoy was booked into the Acadia Parish Jail on the following charges:
- Possession of Schedule I Narcotics
- Possession of Schedule II Narcotics
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Transaction Involving Proceeds from Controlled Dangerous Substance Activity
- Aggravated Flight from an Officer
- Possession of Firearms by a Convicted Felon
- Possession of a Firearm with Obliterated Numbers
- PWITD Schedule II Narcotics (2 Counts)
- Illegal Possession of Stolen Property
- Obstruction of Justice
“This is our mission as a department. To get over $65,000 worth of illegal drugs off of the streets of Acadia Parish is a major accomplishment. I applaud our department's efforts as all deputies have stepped up their efforts to serve our citizens to the best of their ability” Gibson said.