Congressman Boustany Explains Fiscal Cliff And More
Today on 'Mornings With Ken and Bernie' 7th District Congressman Charles Boustany discussed:
- The fiscal cliff facing the nation
- The impact of Obamacare on jobs
- The attack on religious freedom caused by changing healthcare laws
- Secretary of the Treasury Tim Geithner's stance on continued borrowing
- Ongoing turmoil in the Mid-East.
According to Congressman Boustany,
The fiscal cliff is basically the expiration of certain tax laws. Which means everybody's taxes will go up starting January 1, 2013. The average family will see a thirty five hundred dollar tax hike. Rates go up on average about 20 percent across the board.
When asked about job cuts being announced nationwide even by companies that provide healthcare Boustany said,
Companies like Styker are being affected by massive tax hikes but they will also be affected by new taxes on gross revenues of companies that provide medical devices. Stryker has announced the layoff of 1,800 workers and other companies may follow suit.
Listen to the interview: