Officials with Lafayette government have issued a list of numbers and websites to help residents who are trying to find out helpful information following Hurricane Laura.

If you are looking to report electrical or water outages from LUS customers, you can call 311, and press option 1.

If you need to report an outage of your LUS Fiber, you dial 311, and then you can press option 2.

If you want to report issues with drainage or street flooding, you should dial 311, and then you would press option 3.

If you call 311, and it has become overloaded, then officials say that you should call 291-9200. You can call 291-5700 if you have electrical issues, or if you see a downed electrical line.

If you are a customer of SLEMCO, and you want to report a power outage, you can call 888-275-3626.

If there is an emergency on the roadway, you can dial *577 on your phone, or you can call 800-469-4828.

If you need information on road closures while you are traveling, you can call 522, or 888-ROAD-511. You can also go to

If you have not already signed up, you can get information alerts from Lafayette Government by going to this address:

211 is a community resource number that can give you information on what services are available like shelter and food information.

If you are looking for a shelther you can conact the Acadiana Chapter of the American Red Cross can help during times of disaster. They can be contacted via 337-234-7371, or by visiting

You can reach the United Way of Acadiana's Disaster Relief line at 233-8302.

You can reach Second Harvest Food Bank by calling 237-7711, or by visiting



More From News Talk 96.5 KPEL