Stolen Firearm & Narcotics Recovered During Arrest
Late Monday night, St. Martinville Police Officers approached Terrell Fontenette around the area of Cemetery St. and Bridge St. in St. Martinville after they were informed that he had an active warrant for burglary.
When instructed to stop and speak with the officers, Fontenette ignored the request and continued traveling on a bicycle.
When the officers caught up with Fontenette on Mel Lane, he abandoned the bicycle and fled on foot.
Officers observed the suspect drop a backpack and throw down a handgun during the foot chase.
Fontenette gave up the foot chase and was apprehended.
Officers discovered a loaded 9mm magazine and a candy box containing suspected MDMA tabs and suspected methamphetamine in Fontenette’s possession during the arrest.
Officers also recovered the backpack and firearm tossed by Fontenette.
It was further discovered the firearm recovered from the scene had a serial number matching a serial number of a reported stolen firearm from February 4th during the burglary that spawned the active warrant for Fontenette.
Fontenette is charged with the following crimes:
- LA R.S. 40:967 Possession of schedule II Methamphetamine
- LA R.S. 40:966 Possession of schedule I MDMA LA R.S. 14:69.1 illegal Possession of a stolen firearm
- LA R.S. 14:95.1 illegal possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- LA R.S. 14:108 Resisting an officer
- LA R.S. 14:95E Illegal possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance (2 COUNTS)
Terrell Fontenette was booked into St. Martin Parish Correctional Center