Time To File Your 2011 Tax Return Will Be Here Soon
With this year's tax year coming to an end, the Internal Revenue Service is reminding taxpayers that getting organized now for the upcoming tax filing season will save time and possibly aggravation later.
"Well-organized records will make it easier for you to prepare your tax return. Many people miss out on valuable deductions and credits because they can not find the records or receipts needed when they get ready to file their income tax return,” says Stepter, IRS spokesperson for Louisiana and Mississippi. “Gathering and organizing your tax records now will reduce stress at tax time or a delay in getting your refund.”
Stepter gives an idea of what you should keep:
- All income documents, including but not limited to, Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R and Form 1099-MISC.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Total paid for day care and the ay care provider's identifying number
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
For more information visit http://www.irs.gov