Arnaudville Man & Lafayette Man Arrested in 2020 Drug Overdose Death
It may have taken nearly ten months, but 29-year-old Chance Thibodeaux of Arnaudville and 30-year-old Tory Phillips of Lafayette have both been arrested following the death of a male in June of 2020.
St. Martin Parish Sheriff Becket Breaux says the incident happened on June 19th in the 1000 block of Lee Gordon Road in Arnaudville when deputies found the victim dead after being called to the scene. Investigators say he died after overdosing on illegal drugs provided to him allegedly by Thibodeaux and Phillips. They were arrested on Wednesday, April 14, and were each charged with:
- LA. R.S.-14:30.1 A (3)–Second Degree Murder (Felony)
- LA. R.S.-14:26–Criminal Conspiracy to Distribute Schedule I CDS (Heroin) (Felony)
- LA. R.S.-14:26-Criminal Conspiracy to Distribute Schedule II CDS (Fentanyl) (Felony)
- LA. R.S.-40:966A(1)–Distribution of Schedule I CDS (Heroin) (Felony)
- LA. R.S.-40:967A(1)–Distribution of Schedule II CDS (Fentanyl) (Felony)
Both Thibodeaux and Phillips now sit in the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center.
In addition to thanking the Lafayette Police Department's Tactical Narcotics Team for their help, Sheriff Breaux had this to say to the people of St. Martin Parish, especially to anyone dealing drugs.
"Please help us keep the streets of St. Martin Parish free of illegal drug activity by reporting suspected drug activity in your neighborhood by calling the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Tip Line (337) 394-2626," asks Sheriff Breaux.