Family Friendly Louisiana Wildlife Attractions
Louisiana has so much to offer outdoors, and with summer vacations coming up, it's time to plan that road trip to one of our incredible wildlife attractions across the state. You don't have to go very far for adventure, because a lot of these are close to Acadiana. And thanks to Only in Louisiana for the awesome bucket list below. Have fun exploring, y'all!.
- Global Wildlife Center, 26389 Hwy. 40, Folsom. More than 4,000 exotic and endangered species, this preserve is the largest of it's kind in the United States.
- Gators & Friends, 1441 US-80, Greenwood. An adventure park and a petting zoo for exotic animals, this park even has a zip line and go carts for family fun.
- Lake Martin,1209 Rookery Rd., Breaux Bridge. Home to hundreds of native swamp creatures, and also the home to a huge bird rookery, perfect for seeking out your favorite feathered friends.
- Bird City, Hwy. 329, Avery Island. If you've ever trekked out to see where Tabasco has been made for the last 150 years, you might have seen this important sanctuary for herons, egrets, and other species.
- Gator Chateau, 100 Rue de l'Acadie, Jennings. You've no doubt passed by this building at the Jennings exit off of I-10 many times, but did you know it is free? Hold a baby gator, and even get a photo.
- Wildlife Country Safari Park, 8 Hobby Newton Rd., Delhi. You can actually drive through the park in your car, or take a guided tour among the over 30 species that call this home. you can also have a birthday party for kids on the grounds, which is pretty awesome!