Gerald Boudreaux Now District 24 State Senator
Lafayette's Director of the Parks and Recreation Department took the oath of office this morning to become the new state senator from District 24.
"I am committed to serving and working for the residents of District 24 and with my colleagues in the Legislature to improve the quality of life for the citizens of the State of Louisiana".
Boudreaux says there are many areas that he plans to focus on:
- Increasing connectivity between elected officials and residents
- Enhancing educational opportunities
- Support economic development with emphasis on community development
- Increasing access to health care facilities and programs
Gerald Boudreaux is active in the Acadiana community as he serves on several boards:
- Board of Directors for the Miles Perret Cancer Services Center
- Ragin Cajun Athletic Foundation
- Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame
- Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Committee
Boudreaux, a Democrat, is one of 11 new members sworn in this morning at an organizational meeting of the Senate at the State Capitol.