Lafayette PSC Candiate Drops Out Of Race
As of Friday afternoon, the face of the Public Service Commission District Two changed. One candidate who had spent some time already campaigning decided to call it quits. The number of people seeking the open seat on the state's utility regulatory agency got smaller.
Republican candidate Ed Roy announced Friday that he would be dropping out of the race effective that day. Roy, most recently a private investigator, was also a former TV and radio weatherman from Lafayette.
Roy says the main reason he is dropping out of the race because he has had a hard time raising enough money to run a competitive campaign.
Commissioner Jimmy Field will be retiring and the seat is up for grabs.
The election is November 6th. Here are the other candidates:
- Former Jindal administration official Scott Angelle, a Republican
- Republican state Representative Erich Ponti
- Democrat Forest Wright, a utility regulatory consultant
- Greg Gaubert, an innkeeper with no party affiliation
- Sarah Holliday, a Republican