MLB Playoffs Set To Begin; Odds And Schedule
The 2019 Major League Baseball Playoffs are just hours away. There are plenty of teams that'll be sitting at home thinking, "Where did we go wrong this season?" (Hi Phillies and Bryce Harper).
There are 10 teams competing for a shot at a World Series Title and here are the odds for every single one of those teams:
World Series Odds
(Odds from Bradford Doolittle's MLB projection system)
Houston Astros 33%
Los Angeles Dodgers 26%
New York Yankees 11%
Washington Nationals 9%
Minnesota Twins 7%
St. Louis Cardinals 5%
Atlanta Braves 3%
Oakland Athletics 3%
Tampa Bay Rays 2%
Milwaukee Brewers 1%
It certainly makes sense that the Houston Astros have the best odds to take home the hardware as they have the number one ranked lineup and pitching staff of anyone remaining in the postseason. Their ability to fire aces from their rotation is uncanny with Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole, and Zack Greinke.
Now, let's take a look at who's kicking us off and when for the 2019 season schedule:
National League Wild Card: Tuesday, October 1st, 7:08 p.m.
- Milwaukee Brewers at Washington Nationals
- Brandon Woodruff vs. Max Scherzer
American League Wild Card: Wednesday, October 2nd, 7 p.m.
- Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics
- Charlie Morton vs. Undecided
Division Series: Thursday, October 3rd, TBD
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Winner of NL WC
- St. Louis Cardinals at Atlanta Braves. Time TBD
Division Series: Friday, October 4th, TBD
- Houston Astros vs. Winner of AL WC
- Dodgers vs. TBD
- Cardinals at Braves (3:37 p.m)
- Minnesota Twins at New York Yankees (6:07 p.m)