Several Building Projects In The Works For UL School System
The UL System is requesting $40.8 million for several projects that include emergency projects and one request that will allow for major repairs at UL for 2021.
The projects, according to The Daily Advertiser, include:
- Tornado recovery at Louisiana Tech
- $105,000 to address elevator deficiencies at Grambling State University;
- $800,000 to replace the roof of the University of New Orleans' geology and psychology building;
- $200,000 for HVAC emergency repairs to Walker Hall at the University of Louisiana at Monroe;
- $258,859 to upgrade restrooms for ADA compliance in Stopher Hall at Nicholls State University;
- $1 million in campus-wide major repairs at UL Lafayette;
- $250,000 to replace the roof of Fournet Hall at Northwestern State;
- $700,000 for a roof replacement on UNO's Bicentennial Education Center;
- $850,000 to re-roof various buildings at Grambling State;
- $2.5 million for comprehensive ADA assessment and remediation at Louisiana Tech."
The school system is also requesting $38.5 million for continuing projects.
High-priority new project requests include:
- $1.2 million to renovate Madison Hall at UL Lafayette;
- $930,000 to renovate the health sciences buildings at UL Monroe;
- $930,000 for improvements to athletic facilities at Grambling State;
- $3 million to renovate Madison Hall at Louisiana Tech;
- $377,959 for a greenhouse renovation at Nicholls State.