Smokin’ Hot – the Best Hole in the Wall BBQ Joints in Louisiana
Since we are headed into Spring, and it's getting warmer outside (finally!), I'm on the lookout for some fabulous barbecue. And fortunately for us, we've got some excellent spots right here in Louisiana. Looking for some down home goodness like Daddy used to make? No problem. Only in Louisiana has found some off the beaten path barbecue joints that are worth the drive, and somehow, the hole in the wall places always have the best food. Wouldn't you agree? Check out their list below.
- BBQ West - 2618 Derek Drive, Lake Charles - great sandwiches, sides with a cajun flair, and homemade peach cobbler make this a must stop place off I-210 near Wal Mart
- Blue Oak BBQ - 900 N. Carrolton Ave, New Orleans - known for their brisket and ribs. In a city that is famous for it's food, the barbecue here is one of New Orleans's best kept secrets
- Brister's Smokehouse BBQ - 1313 Cooktown Road, Ruston - St Louis style ribs, and their signature side dish, smoked potatoes, make this a popular destination in north Louisiana
- Cou-yon’s - 470 N. Alexander Avenue, Port Allen - Cajun inspired barbecue dishes
- Eddie's Smokehouse and Seafood - 6100 West Calhoun Drive, Alexandria - not only do they have delicious smoked meats that fall off the bone, but a great seafood menu as well. One of my favorite stops off of I-49!
- The Francis Smokehouse and Specialty Meats - 6779 Hwy 61, St. Francisville - if you are on your way to the Angola Prison Rodeo, stop here for some excellent ribs, and barbecue sandwiches
- Johnson's Boucaniere - 1111 Saint John St, Lafayette - this is a true Cajun experience for barbecue lovers. Johnson's original location was opened in Eunice in 1937, and we are so glad they are now here in Lafayette. Down home goodness, for sure!
- Outlaws Barbecue - 818 MacArthur Drive, Alexandria - a great selection of mouth watering barbecue meats, and killer sides to go along with it
- Pimanyoli's - 14241 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge - local ingredients from farmers markets are used in the restaurant, which also serves outstanding hot tamales
- Smoke BBQ - 1005 N. Collins Blvd, Covington - famous for their low and slow cooked pork, which is then pulled for crazy good sandwiches and plates
- Hickory Stick - 4448 Youree Drive, Shreveport - in business for over 40 years, and voted 'Best Barbecue' for a reason. Huge portions, awesome sides, and great smokehouse flavor on succulent meats