A Cigarette Is The Reason For An Apartment Fire
Lafayette Fire Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says that an improperly disposed of cigarette on a second story balcony is the cause of a fire at an apartment complex.
Firefighters were called out to the Quarters Apartment Complex after there was smoke seen coming from an area on the second floor.
Witnesses told officials they saw smoke coming from one of the balconies.
No one was injured because of the fire, and the sprinkler system kicked on and put out the fire.
The cause of the fire was ruled an accident.