Fire Damages Elderly Man’s Home In Lafayette
An elderly man's home in the 100 block of Darrell Street suffered moderate fire and smoke damage after an electrical failure with an extension cord in the living room started the incident.
Firefighters say the 88-year-old occupant wasn't home when the accidental fire happened around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Neighbors called in the fire after seeing heavy smoke emitting from the home.
American Red Cross has been called in to assist the man with immediate housing and personal assistance.