Winter Storm 2021 Causes Water Issues Across Acadiana
As we currently sit through a record-breaking cold front that we call Winter Storm 2021, some of us across Acadiana have dealt with power outages and continue to deal with icy roads/bridges. And some of us are having to deal with water issues.
According to our news partners at KATC, boil advisories and conservation requests have been issued and made in two parishes in Acadiana.
- City of Ville Platte - Calling for a system wide Boil Advisory
- Village of Turkey Creek - Customer are being asked to conserve water as authorities say they are having issues with the Chicot Water Well.
- The Iberia Parish water system will shut down the water supply in Coteau Tuesday night (Feb 16).
- City of Duson - Calling for residents to turn their water off at the customer shut off valve and drain pipes by opening faucets inside the home. City officials say many customers have busted pipes and say these preventative actions will prevent pipes from busting and allow the Town's water pumps to catch up with the demand. Customer shutoff valves are located 6-12 inches closer to the residence from the water meters. Once water supply reaches an acceptable level this advisory will be lifted by Town Officials.
ST. LANDRY PARISH
- The Town of Melville - Volunteer boil water advisory until further notice; issued due to low water pressure.