10 Abandoned Louisiana Places That Are Creepy / Scary
I love exploring the back roads of our beautiful state, and sometimes I encounter some pretty creepy places, that were probably very grand in their day and time.
Every time I drive by the abandoned Six Flags New Orleans, I remember how scary it was right after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.'Only in Louisiana' has put together some incredible photos of places that have long been abandoned in Louisiana, and they are surprising beautiful in their own way. Some you might know about, like Jazz Land, and some you might not, like the Charles Boldt Paper Mill in New Iberia.
It is truly a fascinating look at a decaying part of a state that is already known for being spooky. Some of our favorites are below, but check out the photos of these creepy abandoned places, and let us know if you have any others that we need to investigate!
- Le Beau House - Arabi
- Kisatchie High School - Kisatchie
- Abandoned tug boat - Buras
- Keachie Women's College - Keachie
- Charles Boldt Paper Mill - New Iberia
- Six Flags - New Orleans
- Abandoned gas station - Cheneyville
- Elise Reuss Memorial School - White Castle
- Abandoned church - Chackbay
- Abandoned sugar mill - Laurel Valley Sugar Plantation