Updated List Of Acadiana Road Closures Due To Tropical Storm Barry
Here is a list of roads that are currently closed or impassable in Acadiana.
- Lake Martin Road at the Lafayette - St Martin Parish line is closed because of a fallen tree.
- 400 Block Thoroughbred (Tree Down)
- 200 Block Prejean Rd. (Tree & Wire Down)
- 100 Block Kate Rd. (Tree Down)
- 2200 Ambassador Caffery Parkway closed
- Chemin Metairie high water
- Cormier Street - High water
- Fortune Road - closed
- Gallet Road - closed
- Hebert Road - Closed
- Hill Ridge Drive - Closed
- Legend Creek Drive - closed
- Madeline Avenue - closed
- N Larrieviere road - High Water
- Old Spanish trail - Closed
- Rue chavaniac - closed
- Saint anne Street - closed
- Stewart Street - closed
- Sunset Drive - high Water
- Vincent Drive -high water
- W Willow Street - high water
- westward Avenue - high water
In Scott, Barricades have been placed at the following locations due to water accumulation:
- W. Willow from Ambassador Caffery to Pecan Grove
- Vincent between Creswell & Winbourne
- Westward between Vincent & Provost
- Perez/Sunset/St. Anne area
- Old Spanish Trail between L Provost & SpeedPro Ln.
- Barricades are in place on Mills near W. Willow due to a downed power line & pole - Entergy is working to remove it.
In Youngsville, several roads are closed due to water.
- Hill Ridge Dr
- Fortune Rd between Hundred Oaks Dr and Hwy 89
A number of traffic lights in the parish are malfunctioning. Including those at the following intersections:
- Ambassador Caffery and S. Morgan Ave
- Albertson Parkway and S. Morgan Ave
- Albertson Parkway and Hwy 90 East
- 6500 block of Ambassador Caffery in Broussard
Drivers are reminded that a flashing traffic light should be treated as a caution light. A light that's out should be treated as a four way stop.
Downed trees are causing problems elsewhere in Acadiana.
St. Martin Parish
- 1100 Babineaux Road - Tree down blocking roadway.
- LA 182 from Duchamp Road to LA 92
- A tree is blocking the 7500 block of Jefferson Island Road.
- All roads at the Port of Iberia are closed because of flooding.
Some roads in the parish are closed due to high water.
- LA 330 from Olias Road to LA 685
- LA 685 from Gene Road to Railroad Crossing
- I-A 333 is closed from Redfish Road to the Bayou Chene Bridge south of Esther.
- I-A 330 is closed between Hwys 689 and 685 and east of l-A 331.
- LA 14 Business from East Junction LA 14 to West Junction LA 1
- LA 330 from LA 685 to LA 689
- LA 333 from Ethlyn Drive to Bayou Chene Bridge
- Howard Rd is currently blocked from St. Joseph Ave (LA-98) to Robert LeJeune Rd for a tree limb, wires, and pole in the roadway.
- North 1st St. near Holly St. also has a downed tree with wires in the roadway.
Click here to see the updated list thanks to LCG and our friends at the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office.
Deputies with search and rescue have gone into areas threatened by high waters ready to assist residents. City officials from all Acadiana cities and towns are asking residents to please "shelter in place" as first responders are assisting those in need.
It would also hinder those rescue efforts if authorities would have to rescue your vehicle from floodwaters, so as tempting as it may be, please avoid sightseeing and driving through high waters so that you don't push water into the homes of others.
If you need assistance, please call 911.