UPDATE: A fourth crew member of a ship that is now docked at the Port of New Orleans died in the Bahamas from malaria.

The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals said three other crew members were taken to hospitals in New Orleans after exhibiting similar symptoms. One of the three patients tested positive for malaria, while the remaining two suffered from mild malaria symptoms.

Tests conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention came back negative for the ebola virus.

ORIGINAL: At least one person who was aboard a ship that arrived in Plaquemines Parish from Africa has been taken to the hospital in critical condition.

WDSU-TV in New Orleans said that person was taken to West Jefferson Medical Center, according to Parish President Billy Nungesser.

Officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Coast Guard, and various government epidemiologists were at the scene in Belle Chasse, the television station reported.

The vessel, the Marine Phoenix, which is docked at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, is a 20-year-old refrigerated cargo vessel flagged out of Liberia, WDSU reported.

According to a release from CDC, "There is no evidence to suggest that the crew members traveled to, or had any contact with anyone from the remote island region of DRC where Ebola cases are occurring. Given this, the chance that the crew member could have Ebola is thought to be exceedingly low."

WDSU Medical Editor Dr. Corey Hebert said an Ebola-infected person "would not be able to go anywhere...[but] even if they did get out, it has to be spread by direct bodily fluids."

New Oreans Mayor Mitch Landrieu said city officials are in constant communication with officials from the CDC, as well as those from the state Department of Health and Hospitals. "To protect the health and safety of our resident, the City has requested that all state and federal agencies take every precaution as though this is the worst-cast scenario," Landrieu said in a statement.

[via WDSU]