Louisiana To Celebrate World Peace Day
Citizens, government officials, and community groups will gather at Louisiana's State Capitol this Sunday, September 29 to celebrate Wolrd Peace Day.
Louisiana's celebration of World Peace Day is an annual event that was started in Louisiana in 1998, and it has been led by young people from across the state.
The event is free and open to the public.
Musical presentations will take place along with art exhibits, essay and what is called other expressions of how people perceive peace.
Presentations for the following people will be made on Sunday:
- Legislative Youth Advisory Council President Anjali Pellegrin
- Dideolu Daniel, LSU International Student Association President
- Livingston Parish Children's Chorale
- Dancers from the Chosen Academy of Dance in Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge Mayor Sharon Weston-Broome
- State Senator Regina Barrow
One of the highlights of Sunday's event will be a prayer for peace in multiple languages along with an interfaith candle lighting ceremony.