Vermilion Parish to Open COVID-19 Screening Site Thursday
On Thursday, Vermilion Parish will open their first screening site for COVID-19. According to our TV partners at KATC, Abbeville General will open the Erath/Delcambre Community Care Clinic on North Road in Erath for screening from 10:00 am until 12:00 pm.
Officials are saying the site will be open daily, and they are asking that only high risk individuals be screened at this time. If you are not high risk, you will be asked to leave the line. Call 337-892-6999 before arriving to see if you meet the criteria. The phone line will be open for calls from 8:00 am - noon.
Abbeville General has provided some info about the screening process below.
- Only high risk people will be screened, as determined by questions asked by nurses and providers.
- Persons not meeting criteria will be asked to exit the line.
- Stay in your vehicle for safety.
- Have your ID and insurance card (if available)
- No bathrooms are available to public.
- Maximum 2 people per vehicle can be screened.
- Please leave all pets at home.
- Call COVID-19 Screening Line before arriving at test site to see if you meet criteria for testing 337-892-6999. This Screening Line will open up for calls on Thursday, March 26th from 8am-12noon
If you are tested:
- You will be contacted in 7-10 days with results.
- You should self-quarantine 14 days or until you receive negative results.
- Seek medical attention if your symptoms go from mild to severe.
- Before seeking care, call your physician for proper guidance.
- If you have a medical emergency and need to call 911, notify the dispatch that you are SUSPECTED or have a CONFIRMED case of COVID-19.