Viva La Waffle Visits “The Lafayette Food Junkie Show”
“The Lafayette Food Junkie Show,” which airs from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Sunday nights here on Newstalk 96.5 KPEL, gives Lafayette and the Acadiana area its own show dedicated to the food we all love to enjoy and talk about!
On Sunday’s show, Tiffiany Decou, “The Lafayette Food Junkie,” and Chef Zach Doise with “LaStreat” food truck spoke with Colin Cormier and John Petersen with Viva La Waffle food truck and Swamp Pop soda. Viva La Waffle was one of the pioneering food trucks in Lafayette.
The guys talk about how they get their inspiration for their creative waffle sandwiches and what made them decide to use waffle as their bread, their favorite waffle sandwiches, the food truck scene in Lafayette, as well as coming back after a fire destroyed their truck to become one of the most popular food trucks in Lafayette.
The waffle sandwiches of Viva La Waffle:
- "Rosceaux" - buttermilk fried chicken with spicy honey drizzle (Tiffiany's favorite)
- "The Figgy Piggy" - local fig preserves, prosciutto, goat cheese and arugula
- "The Caprese" - Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced Tomatoes, Pesto Mayo, Balsamic Drizzle
- "The Buffalo" - Fried Chicken Breast tossed in Buffalo sauce, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Celery salt
- "The Smore" - nutella, crumbled graham crackers and torched marshmallow fluff
- "The Nanner Nutella" - fresh sliced bananas and Nutella hazlenut cocoa spread
- "The Viva Las Vegas" - peanut butter, berry compote, sliced bananas, and candied bacon
They also garlic butter waffle fries and sweet potato fries with cinnamon and sugar!
CLICK BELOW to listen to Sunday night's show: