CARES Act Funding Announced for 3rd District Airports
3rd District Congressman Clay Higgins announces in a press release on Tuesday the breakdown of funding made available through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act for airports in the district. $21 million in supplemental Airport Improvement Program is being given to the following airports:
- Lafayette Regional Airport will receive $2,862,075.
- Lake Charles Regional Airport will receive $18,094,502.
- Chennault International Airport (Lake Charles) will receive $20,000.
- Acadiana Regional Airport (New Iberia) will receive $30,000.
- Harry P. Williams Memorial Airport (Patterson) will receive $30,000.
- Abbeville Chris Crusta Memorial Airport will receive $30,000.
- Le Gros Memorial Airport (Crowley) will receive $30,000.
- DeQuincy Industrial Airpark will receive $20,000.
- Eunice Airport will receive $30,000.
- Jennings Airport will receive $30,000.
- Southland Field (Sulphur) will receive $30,000.
“Coronavirus-related travel and economic restrictions have greatly injured our local airports as well as our larger economy," says Rep. Higgins in the press release. "This funding will help offset some of those losses and ensure our local airports can maintain essential operations. Further, we’re working to deliver financial relief to individual Americans and businesses across the spectrum. This effort is ongoing.”