Fun Things to do in Louisiana This Weekend
Spring is finally here, and even though there are still a few things that won't go on as planned due to the pandemic, we are ready to get outside and enjoy our beautiful state this weekend. We can always find something to love, even if it means a short road trip.
Our wonderful Louisiana Department of Tourism always has great resources for whatever it is you want to experience in our state, and they have a fun list of things going on this weekend. I've added in a few of my own favorites as well, so get out and enjoy yourself this weekend, fellow Louisianians.
- Spring Craft Fair, LARC's Acadian Village, Saturday, March 27. Enjoy lots of local vendors who will be offering handmade items from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. on the grounds of the historic village in Lafayette. An Easter egg hunt for the kids and photos with the Easter bunny will also be part of the fun. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
- Dragoon Fun Run, Saturday, March 27, Lake Charles. The fun begins at 9:00 am, and the run is hosted by PE Training Center & Game2Life Lasertag. 3311 Broad St
- SpringFest, Saturday, March 27, Long Vue House and Gardens, New Orleans. Enjoy the start of spring in the beautiful gardens at the historic home at 7 Bamboo Lane. Garden arts and crafts, photos with the Easter Bunny, and areas for you to enjoy a picnic lunch beginning at 10:00 am.
- 21st annual Fatima Fun Run, 5K and One Mile Run, Saturday, March 27, Lafayette. Proceeds go to the Alumni Scholarship Fund, and race starts at 8:00 am the gazebo in River Ranch.
- Southdown Plantation Arts and Crafts Festival, Saturday, March 27, Houma. Over 300 local and regional artisans with unique hand-made products including jewelry, clothing, wood crafts, original art, garden items, and seasonal items.
Only in Louisiana Experiences for Visitors