Rice Cooker Recipe Taking The World By Storm [VIDEO]
This video has been shared so many times on Facebook and now people are trying it in their own kitchens. I like to think Acadiana is the unofficial rice cooker capital of the south. I never had a rice cooker growing up. My family made rice the old-fashioned way on the stove. But, we only had rice over once in a while. When I met my wife, it was game on.
Here is the recipe if you want to try it yourself.
2 Cups White Rice, Washed
1 Large ripe tomato
1 Cup of Water
1 Cup of Chicken Stock
In total, your liquid level should reach the three-cup mark inside the rice cooker. (Rice cooker liquid measurements are different than generic measuring cup measurements so please follow the rice cooker indication line.)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 Teaspoons Pepper
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Thyme
1 Teaspoon Sage
1 Teaspoon Rosemary
7 basil leaves
1 tsp olive oil
Optional add-ins prior to cooking: Marinated chicken breast, or Tofu.
Optional add-ons after cooking: Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese, a sunny side up, poached or easy over egg, or chashu.
1) Wash rice and add in 1 cup of water and 1 cup of Chicken Stock. The liquid level should reach the three-cup mark inside the rice cooker. (Rice cooker liquid measurements are different from that of a generic measuring cup measurements so please follow the rice cooker indication line.)
2) Cut the stem part of the tomato off and place the tomato in the middle of the pot.
3) Add your pepper, salt, thyme, oregano, rosemary and sage.
4) Add your olive oil.
5) Optional, add marinated chicken breast or Tofu on top of the rice.
6) Place rice cooker pot into the rice cooker and press the white rice button.
7) When the rice is done cooking, break open the tomato and incorporate it into the rice.