Woman Sues Chipotle Over E.coli
SEATTLE (AP) — A woman has filed a lawsuit against Chipotle, claiming she contracted an E.coli infection after eating a burrito bowl Oct. 21 at a Chipotle restaurant in Vancouver.
Charmaine Mode from Kelso, Washington, filed the lawsuit Tuesday through Minneapolis law firm PritzkerOlsen in U.S. District Court in Western Washington. Documents say she sought treatment Oct. 27 after falling ill on Oct. 25 with nausea, severe diarrhea and other symptoms.
Three people in the Portland area and 19 people in western Washington have gotten sick with E. coli as of Friday. Seventeen of them had eaten at a Chipotle restaurant during the past few weeks. Eight people have been hospitalized but no deaths have been reported.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.