Are These The Name Brands Behind Costco’s Kirkland Label?
If you are a Costco member, no doubt you're familiar with their house brand products that go under the Kirkland label. The familiar Signature labeled items are popular because they give you an outstanding product for a really great price. But have you ever wondered if there are some name brands hiding beneath that red and black label? According to MoneyWise, the answer is yes, and you might be surprised at who some of those big timers are.
Some of the products listed have been confirmed, and some are still a secret, apparently. Check out some of the items that MoneyWise scoped out below. I must admit, that last can of Kirkland Signature coffee I bought really DID taste a lot like Starbucks!
- Kirkland Signature Dog Food. Diamond Pet Foods, known as Schell and Kampeter, Inc. Confirmed by Dog Food Insider
- Coffee. Kirkland’s Signature House Blend Medium Roast, Espresso Blend Dark Roast and Decaf House Blend Medium Roast all have labels that state “Custom roasted by Starbucks"
- Kirkland Signature Infant Formula. Used to be manufactured by Similac, but now it looks like it's made by Perrigo.
- Kirkland Jelly Beans. These are openly labeled as being made by Jelly Belly. I love these gourmet beans!
- Kirkland Signature Batteries. These were confirmed to be Duracell by Costco CEO Craig Jelinek in a 2016 interview.
- Kirkland Solid White Albacore. Made by Bumble Bee since 2002
- Kirkland Parmigiano Reggiano. High quality is what you'll get from these cheese made by Formaggi Zanetti,
- Kirkland Signature Diapers. Made by the same people who gave us Huggies and GoodNites - Kimberly-Clark
- Kirkland Signature Foodservice Foil. Made by Reynolds
- Kirkland Signature Disposable Red Cups. Made by Chinet, which it states on the label
- Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil. Manufactured by Warren Distribution, Inc.