Business Office Of Lafayette Sheriff To Open
So many businesses and government entities have been closed or at least have had their lobbies closed in response to the coronavirus pandemic, but more places are planning to reopen to the public.
The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office is planning on opening up their lobby to the public once again.
Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office Spokeswoman Valerie Ponseti says in a press release that they have plans to open up on Monday, May 18 to the public.
The opening does come with some changes though as everyone is working diligently to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Ponseti says the rules that you have to follow in different sections of the Sheriff's complex or buildings associated with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office may vary from facility to facility.
So, how do you know what to do? Ponseti gives some advice on some of the different things you may be asked to do when entering one of their facilities. You may have to adhere to the following:
- If you are coming to one of the facilities, you may have to wait until someone assesses whether or not you have a higher than normal temperature.
- Just like every other place in the state of Louisiana, right now, in Phase one, there will only be twenty-five percent capacity that will be allowed at any given time.
- Social distancing will likely be one of the things that you will be asked to do while you are visiting one of the facilities.
- You may be asked to sanitize your hands, your arms or both.
- If you are planning to visit one of the facilities, you will be required to wear a mask.
Ponseti points out that they will be perfectly happy to see people in person, but there is plenty of information about their services that you can get online.
Here are some of the services of the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office that you can find online:
- The Daily Arrest Report
- A traffic accident report
- If you need to make a public records request
- If you want to register to receive alerts from the Sheriff's Office
- Civil Sales
- Bid Solicitations
- Apply for a job with the Sheriff's Office
- Find information on tax payments
- Send in information about a complaint