Unfazed Clerk Thwarts Armed Robbery
A store clerk in Henderson was not enthusiastic when approached by an armed robber Sunday morning.
St. Martin Parish Sheriff's spokeswoman Ginny Higgins said the clerk did not immediately respond to requests from 35-year-old Homer John, of Breaux Bridge.
With little regard for the suspect's requests for cash, or other items, the suspect simply ended up purchasing an item and fleeing the store on foot.
He was arrested shortly after the encounter in a field near Grand Point Highway.
Following his apprehension he was arrested and charged as follows:
- Flight From An Officer
- Aggravated Attempted Armed Robbery
- Attempted Armed Robbery With The Use Of A Firearm
- Possession Of A Firearm/Concealed By Convicted Felon
- Battery Of A Police Officer
- Simple Possession of Marijuana
- Manufacture; Distribution; PWITD-Schedule II Narcotics
Following his arrest, he was booked in to the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the above charges.