Upcoming COVID-19 Tele-Town Hall to Feature Acadiana Officials
The Louisiana Public Health Institute (LPHI) and Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) are hosting a tele-town hall called “COVID-19: Preparing for the Next Phase.” The event will be moderated by Shelina Davis, CEO of LPHI, and Earl Benjamin-Robinson, deputy director of LDH’s Office of Community Partnerships & Health Equity.
The goal of this informational session is to educate the community about COVID-19 response measures, discuss the phased re-opening approach, share information about available resources, and address community concerns. The dialogue will also focus on equitable health outcomes for all Louisianans, especially the African-American community who has been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
Featured speakers will be:
- Ville Platte Mayor Jennifer Vidrine
- New Iberia City Councilwoman Sherry Guidry
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Medical Director Dr. Larry Simon
- Word of Hope Outreach Church Pastor Zach Mitchell
- Louisiana Department of Health Regional Medical Director Dr. Tina Stefanski
- Hospital and Healthy St. Landry Alliance Foundation Director Tracey Antee
- Louisiana Cardiovascular and Limb Recovery Center Community and Outreach Advocate Linda Peters
Each tele-town hall will be hosted through Go To Meeting https://bit.ly/2Ss1sNF at 11 AM on Wednesday, May 13.
KEEP READING: What to do after a tornado strikes