Only four parishes have been declared federal disaster areas, and none of the four are in South Louisiana.

The parishes declared are:

  • Tangipahoa
  • St. Helena
  • East Baton Rouge
  • Livingston parishes

You are asked to report your damage in your parish. If you have damage to your home, business or both, you need to report it.

It is very important to report you damage so that federal officials trying to determine federal disaster declarations will have the information.

Without the information, your parish may not be included, and each parish may not receive benefits.

Anyone with damage in Acadia Parish can call 788-8800 and email

Those in St. Landry Parish who have received damage at their homes or businesses or both are asked to report the damage to the St. Landry Parish of Homeland Security at 948-3688.

People in Lafayette Parish with damage should call 291-5075 so it can be used to get a disaster declaration.

In St. Martin Parish, please contact the emergency management office at 394-2810 or via email at

Vermilion Parish residents can report their damage to the Vermilion Parish Police Jury office at 337-898-4300 or email to

Anyone with any type of damage in any parish, even if it has not been added yet as a federal disaster area, is asked to submit their information via

To get in touch with FEMA, you can call: 1-800-621-3362 (FEMA) or TTY: 1-800-462-7585

More From News Talk 96.5 KPEL