Fire Damages Residence In Lafayette
The Lafayette Fire Department was called out to a fire that happened at a home in the 400 block of W. Bachert Street.
Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says that investigators determined that there was a short in an extension cord which was plugged into a window air conditioning unit. The cord overheated, and that is what started the fire.
The Red Cross was called out to help the owner of the home as the man did not have any insurance.
Firefighters says that the home had moderate smoke and fire damage.
It took firefighters about ten minutes to bring the blaze under control.