No One Injured After House Fire In Lafayette
Neighbors who live in the 500 block of Gerald Drive called 911 yesterday after they noticed smoke coming from a home.
There was heavy fire damage to several areas of the home according to Alton Trahan, Spokesman for the Lafayette Fire Department.
Trahan says that one of the occupants of the home left about twenty-five minutes before the fire started in the kitchen.
After investigating, officials have determined that one of the burners on the stove had been inadvertently been bumped on.
That burner eventually caught some plastic on fire leading to the destruction.
Trahan says there were no injuries, and even the three dogs who live there were saved when a neighbor broke down a door to let them out.