St. Martinville Man Arrested On Multiple Drug, Violent Crime Charges
A St. Martinville fugitive is behind bars following his arrest for a domestic disturbance Thursday morning.
St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Maj. Ginny Higgins said 32-year-old Damien Fontenette was booked on narcotics and violent crime charges.
Deputies responded to a 911 call about a disturbance with firearms involved on Banker Road in rural St. Martinville around 8 a.m.Thursday.
The caller said a domesticc disturbance was a domestic disturbance with weapons in progress in a vehicle in front of a residence.
Upon their arrival, deputies observed narcotics in plain sight in Fontenette's vehicle.
Fontenette was booked on the following charges
- Manufacture;Distribution;PWITD-Schedule II Narcotics
- Possession With Intent To Distribute Schedule 1
- Manufacture; Distribution-Schedule V
- Prohibited Acts-Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia
- Domestic Abuse Battery
- Illegal Carrying Of A Weapon
- Possession Of A Firearm/Concealed By Convicted Felon
- Illegal Possession Of Stolen Firearms
- Aggravated Assault With A Firearm
Fontenette also faces charges because the gun used in the altercation was listed as being stolen in Lafayette.
He was also booked on two outstanding warrants for Simple Criminal Damage to Property, and Simple Battery.
Following his arrest, he was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center and at the time of this release, no bond had been set.