These 5 Reasons to Exercise Are Sure to Get You ‘Feeling the Burn’
What is the main reason we exercise? Most of you will answer with, 'To lose weight.' And you are correct. But what we fail to remember is that exercising helps with so much more than just weight issues.
I'm sure that exercising was part of many New Year's resolutions, and that is awesome. It is even better when we are able to follow through with it. Which is definitely the hardest part. You either 'don't have the time' or can't find the will power. Believe me, I have used these lines so many times, they should be exhausted by now.
However, if simply changing your weight issue isn't incentive enough, here are five great reasons to exercise that you may not have thought of. I know I didn't!
- Brain boost: studies show that exercising can help to get you focused and better your memory.
- Socializing and meeting people: if you work out at the gym, you are likely to meet a friend or two who can help to push you to better yourself
- Boosts self-esteem: Once your mind is set to be better, you start to feel better about yourself. You see a change internally. You will see the change physically after a few weeks of working out and exercising.
- Helps you sleep better: exercising can be quite tiring sometimes and it will also help to lighten your moods.
- Gives the sex life a little booster: You won't be exhausted after just a few minutes; on the other hand, if your partner is exercising, you will see a positive change in them, too
I think most of us can use these things. I will be the first to admit that I have issues with self-esteem and exercising always seems to give me even just a little boost. I feel better mentally and physically. That is why my New Year's resolution was simply to better myself. Exercising and working out is just one step in the right direction.
You don't have to go crazy with the workouts. My favorite thing to do is stretch and walk about 2.5 or 3 miles either around my neighborhood or in the elliptical. It is very refreshing!
Do you have any tips for exercising or working out? Feel free to share!