Upcoming Southwest Louisiana Easter Events
There will be several Easter events for the whole family leading up to Easter Sunday here in SWLA.
For my money, there's nothing more fun than watching your kid(s) run around in an Easter egg hunt. They're so excited, dawning a smile a mile long, and overcome with anticipation of what's going to be inside the eggs when you crack them open. I love it.
Get our free mobile app
Upcoming Southwest Louisiana Easter Events:
- April 9 - Our Savior’s Church Egg Drop in Jennings: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- April 9 and April 16 - Easter Bunny Selfies: 11:00am to 1:00pm at Rouse’s on Nelson Road
- April 10 - Easter Picnic at Sale Street Baptist Church: 12:00 noon
- April 10 - Easter Bunny at Art Under the Oak at Imperial Calcasieu Museum: 12:00 noon to 3:00pm
- April 10 - Easter Egg Hunt at Drew Park: 3:00pm
- April 15 - Community Easter Extravaganza at Martin Luther King Center: 10:00am to 12:00 noon
- April 16 - Easter Service and Comeback Party at Trinity Baptist: 5:00pm
- April 16 - Sulphur Easter Egg Hunt: 8:30am to 10:30am
- April 16 - Easter Egg Hunt at New Providence Baptist Church: 10:00am to 12:00 noon
LOOK: The most famous actress born the same year as you
Many of the actresses in this story not only made a name for themselves through their collection of iconic performances, but also through the selfless, philanthropic nature with which many of them approached their stardom. In an age of flipping the script on societal norms, many of these actresses are using their voices and platforms to be advocates for those who are otherwise unheard.
LOOK: Here are the best lake towns to live in
Many of the included towns jump out at the casual observer as popular summer-rental spots--the Ozarks' Branson, Missouri, or Arizona's Lake Havasu--it might surprise you to dive deeper into some quality-of-life offerings beyond the beach and vacation homes. You'll likely pick up some knowledge from a wide range of Americana: one of the last remaining 1950s-style drive-ins in the Midwest; a Florida town that started as a Civil War veteran retirement area; an island boasting some of the country's top public schools and wealth-earners right in the middle of a lake between Seattle and Bellevue; and even a California town containing much more than Johnny Cash's prison blues.